Your retainer will last longer and perform better if it is treated properly. After receiving a retainer from TinHan Orthodontics, Dr. Erik TinHan and our team encourage you to following these instructions:
- Wear your retainer at all times, unless instructed otherwise by Dr. Erik TinHan.
- Thoroughly clean your retainer every day with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and warm (not hot) water. You can pair your cleaning routine with Efferdent® or another appliance cleanser.
- Keep your retainer in its case when it is not in your mouth.
- Practice speaking, reading, or singing while wearing your retainer to help you become accustomed to it.
- Treat your retainer with care and contact us if it becomes broken.
- Contact our office if you need to adjust your retainer. Do not adjust it yourself.
- Bring your retainer to each appointment.
- Remove your retainer when swimming.
- Keep the retainer away from hot surfaces, such as water, car dashboards, and the washing machine. Do not place it in a pocket or on a napkin.
- Replacing a retainer can be pricey, but your appliance can last for years with proper care.
Contact our orthodontist and team today to learn more about caring for your retainer in Hawaii Kai and Pearl City, Hawaii.