It is better to visit the orthodontist at a young age, when the jaws and facial structure are still developing and are therefore easier to treat. If you notice these warning signs in your child’s smile, we encourage you to come see Dr. Erik TinHan:
- Loss of baby teeth early or late
- Difficulty biting or chewing
- Breathing through the mouth
- Thumb sucking, finger sucking, or other bad oral habits
- Crowded, blocked-out, or ill-positioned teeth
- Noisy, shifting, or recessed jaws
- Difficultly speaking clearly
- Frequently biting into the cheek or roof of the mouth
- Teeth that protrude, meet abnormally, or do not meet at all
- Facial asymmetry or imbalance
- Tooth grinding or clenching
When you bring your child to TinHan Orthodontics, our orthodontist and team will perform a thorough evaluation of their smile to diagnose any abnormalities in their smile and determine which course of action would most benefit them now and throughout the course of their life. We provide care on a personal basis, choosing the methods that suit the individual to ensure they receive the best possible care.
If you have concerns about your child’s smile and are wondering when to see an orthodontist in Pearl City, Hawaii, we encourage you to contact TinHan Orthodontics today at 808-485-2444. Our team will gladly answer your questions and help you schedule a consultation for your child with Dr. Erik TinHan. We look forward to hearing from you!